EASYRIDER CARDS - TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ISSUE AND USE FOR TRAVEL
Easyrider Terms & Conditions
An Easyrider Card is an electronic smart card issued by Nottingham City Transport Ltd (the Company) for travel on NCT buses.
- The card remains the property of Nottingham City Transport and must be surrendered to an authorised Nottingham City Transport representative on request.
- Easyrider Everyday Adult and Under 18 cards are period passes, which count down on a consecutive days basis, irrespective of use, until the expiry date.
- Easyrider Anyday Adult and under 18 cards, count down only on those days used, allowing unlimited travel on each day of use until all the days have been used.
- Easyrider Purse is an electronic purse, to be used to purchase any ticket(s) at a discounted price to the on bus fare – available for use on services 1 and 100.
- Proof of age is required from customers purchasing any Easyrider card Under 18 card and new cards can only be issued to customers up to and including aged 17.
- When an existing Easyrider card Under 18 card holder turns 18 during the academic year (as per issued local authority school holiday dates), the card will remain valid until 31st August to allow holders to complete their studies.
- Student discount is available. A valid photo student ID card with a course expiry date must be presented at time of purchase. Travel can be purchased until the end of the academic year when your course ends. We do not accept NUS Extra cards as proof of entitlement.
- Easyrider cards are not a cheque guarantee or credit/debit card.
- American Express and Electron cards are not accepted for payment.
- Renewals made on line or by telephone should be added to the card the day after the top-up is made. Payment confirmation is not proof that an Easyrider card has been credited for travel. NCT do not guarantee that renewals will always be available for use on the Easyrider card the day after top up. Customers should buy a ticket on the bus if their card has not been credited.
- Customers travelling with an Easyrider card are subject to the Company’s normal Terms and Conditions of Carriage, also available from the NCT Travel Centre.
- An Easyrider card showing a photograph may only be used by the registered card holder and is not transferable. If use is attempted by a person other than the registered card holder, an authorised Nottingham City Transport representative has the right to retain the card to avoid future use and the user and any such person party to such use will be liable for prosecution.
- The photograph on an Easyrider card must at all times be a true likeness of the holder. In the event of a significant change of appearance, the Company reserves the right to request the holder obtains a new Easyrider card and pay the appropriate new card fee.
- Where an Easyrider card is stolen, lost, damaged or otherwise unusable, the holder must notify the Company immediately. Once notified, the Company will invalidate the card.
- The Company will issue a replacement Easyrider card on the next working day after notification and set the existing card expiry date onto the replacement card, at a charge of £3. Any additional travel costs incurred will not be paid by the company.
- The registered card holder must notify the Company immediately about any changes of details (e.g. married name, address) since the first Easyrider card was issued.
- The Company reserves the right not to issue, renew or add value to any Easyrider card without stating a reason.
- The Company does not undertake to refund or replace any Easyrider card which has been lost, stolen, unused (including partially unused) or forfeited, but may do so at its sole discretion. Refunds are not available on cards which have 7 days or less remaining.
- The Company reserves the right to charge an administration fee of 10% of the refund value for any refund or replacement issued.
- The Company may from time to time contact the registered card holder with offers of goods and services from Nottingham City Transport Ltd. First time Easyrider card applicants may apply to be removed from the promotional list. Alternatively, please notify the Company in writing to Nottingham City Transport, Lower Parliament Street, Nottingham, NG1 1GG or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your name, address and Easyrider card number.